My Activity Tracking
Round Britain Your Way - Sunrise to Sunset Challenge!
I'm taking on Round Britain Your Way to raise vital funds so young people can still get the support they need to rebuild their lives after cancer. Young people in recovery are going to need the Trust more than ever in the aftermath of COVID-19. Isolation, loneliness, anxiety, anger and fear are all challenges young people and their families experience during and after cancer treatment. COVID-19 is intensifying every one of these to unimaginable levels.
The Trust sailed 2,400 miles round Britain twice with crews of young people in 2009 and 2017. This month (September) the Trust are going Round Britain Your Way! The challenge is to sign up to run, walk, swim, cycle or by any other imaginative (but safe!) means to help the Trust rack up the total miles to circumnavigate Great Britain together.
I have created my own challenge to contribute to the total miles - I present to you the Sunrise to Sunset Challenge!
· When: Saturday 19th September
· Start Time: At Sunrise, 06.44 am (for those who know me... this is a whole challenge in itself!!)
· End Time: At Sunset, 19:03pm
The challenge: Between sunrise and sunset, I will be walking & cycling as many miles as I can! I plan to either cycle/walk around the whole
of Richmond Park (the largest of London's Royal Parks), to Hampton Court
Palace, Bushy Park, along the river Thames and more (basically wherever my
little legs will take me and a few breaks in between!) I will be wearing a Fitbit to track my miles which I will sync to this page.
· Support/Donation: The Trust have supported me for the past 12 years, starting with my first sailing trip back in 2008. I have volunteered on Trust Sailing Trips for the past decade and wouldn’t change it for the world! Please support me on my challenge and make a donation if you can. Whatever you can donate, any amount will help other young people start to reimagine a future they might never have thought was possible (something I can massively relate to!)
· Miles Prediction/Song Recommendation: When donating, in the comments section add your prediction of how many miles you think I will complete between Sunrise & Sunset and add a song recommendation to get me through the day! The closest mile prediction will WIN a PRIZE Ooooo!
Take a look at the gallery (scroll to bottom of the page) to see my journey with the Trust over the past 12 years! (Got a tad emosh pulling these photos together!)
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY SUPPORT & DONATIONS - I truly appreciate it during these difficult times xxx
Predictions & song recommendationsFriday 18th Sep
Thank you to my Sponsors
Danny Parsons And Cas
Michelle Mat Oli